QuickBooks Error 1712 is a common issue that appears when using one or two windows components are missing or when some files are corrupted. It will affect the window system which would not allow programs and applications to start smoothly. It may also affect the installation of the QuickBooks program. This error will arise when the user tried to install QuickBooks Desktop and the Operating system is corrupted and damaged. In this article, we discuss how to troubleshoot this issue from your computers and its causes and symptoms.
What is QuickBooks Error 1712?
After the installation and uninstallation of any program which needs to reboot after processes are complete then it crops up. These issues happen when the registry has issues, files/folders are damaged, malicious system or the malware or antivirus issues. The restarting and rebooting may fix this error or you can run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool
When QuickBooks error 1712 occurs on your computer then an error message will pop-ups on-screen like “Error: QuickBooks Error Code 1712. Error message: We’re sorry! Something went wrong with your installation. [Error 1712]. One or more of the files required to restore your computer to its previous state could not be found. Restoration will not be possible”.
Causes of the QuickBooks Error 1712
There are the following causes that will help users to identify the QuickBooks Error 1712 easily when it appears on your computer system:-
- When the user tries to install the QuickBooks program without uninstalling the old one.
- Damaged installation of QuickBooks.
- Some Corruption issues of Windows registry.
- The attack of viruses and malware on your computer system.
- The changes are done to the system which is the same computer so this can be caused by the error 1712 QuickBooks.
Symptoms of Error 1712 QuickBooks
- A blue screen will appear on your screen on display.
- Http error will happen.
- On your system, the input and output will get slow.
- The problem of computer shutdown will occur.
- The freezing of the QuickBooks program will appear many times.
- The response of your system is slow and it didn’t respond properly.
- The program and windows will crash.
Important points before Resolving the Error 1712
- Collect all the backup of your QuickBooks data files before following the steps to resolve the error.
- Take the backup of your window system. If any data will et corrupted while updating or any error will occur.
- Always keep your window updated with the latest version.
- Ensure that you are using the updated version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub in advance. So that the issue occurs then you can use the tool to fix it.
- Disable the firewall and antivirus before opening the QuickBooks.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1712?
There are some methods that will fix the problem of your error 1712 QuickBooks. But firstly, you have to identify the main cause of your QuickBooks install error 1712 then follow the method accordingly. And follow the all steps correctly to resolve your issue easily:-
Method 1- QuickBooks Desktop Download and Install
- Firstly, go to the official site to download the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then select the option to change.
- You have to select the edition of the product like united States (US), uniter Kingdom (UK), or Canada (CA).
- After that, in the field of the selected product, tap on the edition of QuickBooks Desktop (Pro, Premier, Enterprise, or Accountants).
- Now, select the version of QuickBooks (2013,2014,2015,to 2021).
- After that selecting all the things, now click on search.
- Then you are redirected to a new page, then click on the download tab.
- Save all the changes you made.
- Go to the downloaded file location in the File Explorer, when the download is completed.
- Now, to start installation double click on the file.
- Then, follow the instruction which will pop up on your screen.
- At last, when the installation is complete then click on the Finish button.
Method 2- QuickBooks Tool Hub Download and Install
- Firstly, close the QuickBooks Software.
- Then download the QuickBooks Tool Hub latest version on your system.
- In the default location save the downloaded file.
- To begin the .exe file installation, go to the file double click on it.
- Then, a wizard will open on your screen.
- Follow all the instructions which are mentioned in it.
- Then, click on Finish.
- Now, go to the Desktop screen and click on the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon.
- You have to run the tool to fix the issues once at a time. If the issue was fixed then you don’t have to run another tool.
- The tools are:-
- Run Quick Fix My Program from Tool Hub
- In QuickBooks Tool Hub, if you have a related issue to the program then click on Program problem.
- Choose the Quick Fix My Problem Tool.
- It will fix the problem by scanning all the programs.
- Now, retry to install the QuickBooks in your system.
- Run QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool from QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Go to the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Click on the option Installation issues.
- Now, run the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool.
- Then, this will diagnose the problem and fixes it.
- Now, you installed and open QuickBooks to verify the error.
Method 3- Use Task Manager to End Background Processes
- Firstly, on your system close all the background running programs.
- Now, press and hold the Ctrl+Shift+Esc key together.
- Open the Window of Task Manager.
- Click on the processes tab if not.
- Which are running in the background search for the QuickBooks processes.
- Click on the process of QuickBooks for each process.
- To stop the background running then click on End Task.
- Do it with all the background running processes.
- Then, close the Task Manager Window.
- Now restart your system and verify that the error is still there or not.
Method 4- Modify the Data path of the Registry application.
- In the window system, click on the window start button.
- Go to the search bar and type regedit.exe and tap on Enter button.
- Locate the path in the Regedit window- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MicrosoftWindow\CurrentVersion\Explore\User\Shell Folders.
- Open shell folder and click on entry App Data.
- Replace your own local profile path with the original values in it.
- When it’s done, close the window.
- Now, Restart your system.
- At last, start QuickBooks and verify the issue is resolved or not.
Method 5- Use the Window as Administrator.
- Firstly, open the Window Settings.
- Press the Window+I button together to open the setting. OR
- Go to the power button and then start the menu, then click on the Gear icon.
- In your system access the Window Settings.
- Now, go to the option Accounts.
- Then, click on the Other People or Family option
- Choose the Add someone else option.
- If it asks you to enter the mail id then this is not mandatory to enter it.
- You can click on the I don’t have this person’s sign-in information.
- Now, click on the option Add a user without a Microsoft account.
- Create a new user and password then click on Next.
- As the admin creates a new local account.
- Then open the account which you created newly.
- Then, select the change account type.
- Transfer the standard user to administrator and then OK.
- Now, restart your QuickBooks Desktop program.
Method 6- Fix Window Updates and Window Installer
For Window Update
- Open the Window start menu button.
- For system, settings click on the gear icon.
- In the setting, window click on option update and security.
- Go to the left navigation pane and tap on the Window update tab.
- Now, click on the Window Update and then check for updates.
- If any update is available then it will show you.
- If any update is available then click on Get update, and then download and install it on your system. And then it finished updating.
For Window Installer
- Download the Troubleshooter of the window installer which is named Program Install and Uninstaller troubleshooter.
- After downloading it, right-click on it then select the option to open.
- Then you will see the instruction on your screen. Follow all the steps to start troubleshooting the problem.
- At last, verify that the issue is resolved or not.
In this article, we discuss how to fix QuickBooks error 1712. I hope this article will be helpful for you and resolve all the QB error which appear on your system. Follow all the steps correctly and according to your issues. If you have any other related issues then visit our other articles to fix them.