As you know cybercrime cases are arising & stealing the important and confidential data of your a/c. It is the primary moto of the attackers or hackers to hack someone a/c and steals their money. That is why it has become necessary to protect the data of your company’s employees. In such a case, you must keep updating your QuickBooks password. To gain more insight on “how to change Quickbooks password” you should go through the article till the end.
Before proceeding further, it is required to remember a few pointers during modifying the password. We are going to discuss all the important points and steps that will help you to change QuickBooks password.
Table of Contents
How to Reset QuickBooks Password: Pointers to Remember
The below-mentioned pointers will assist you how to change the QuickBooks Desktop password:
- Ensure that the password should be a minimum of 7 characters.
- While setting the password, ensure that the password contains a minimum of one numeric character.
- Add one upper case character to your new password.
- Do not add space in the password.
- It is necessary to create a complex password for your software.
- Keep on changing the password at a timely interval.
Know more about- Quickbooks Tool Hub
However, in case you have forgotten the QuickBooks password, then before changing it, you have to understand its importance of it.
- Keeps the software data safe and secure.
- Also, it keeps your information up to date.
How to Change QuickBooks Password: Effective Steps
When you first signed in to the QBs accounting software, it will automatically create an Admin user, and you may need to use additional sign-in references supplied via Admin. The updates in security and other unexpected assets may prompt you to change QuickBooks password.
- Firstly, Move towards the Company file, select the company, & Configure users and passwords.
- Then enter your existing password.
- Fill the new password within the box to confirm the new password & hit on OK.
- If you have lost or forgotten your previous password, in that case you may reset it in QuickBooks by following the steps outlined below.
Reset the User-Password or an Admin Password
In case you have to know how to change password in QuickBooks and you aren’t an admin, then your QBs admin can assist you in changing your QuickBooks password. Thus, you have to follow the steps mentioned below to reset the user password:
- At first, Sign in to the account as an admin user.
- Then, locate the Company option and then select Set Up Users and Password.
- Next, you must select Set up users.
- Now, enter the administrator password again if asked.
- From the user list, you are required to choose the user who needs to update their password. Then click Edit User and type in a new password.
- Finally, click again and select the Finish option.
If you need the QuickBooks change password for an admin, do the following:
- Do not input the user name. All you have to do is input a password when you are signed in.
- Also, by default, you have an “Admin” user name.
Resetting a Password Using a Challenge Question
The user can change the password QuickBooks using a challenge question and by following the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, on the login page, select “I forgot my password.”
- Then, respond to a security question & hit the OK tab.
- Next, if the below-mentioned notice appears on the screen, click Close. “Once you remove the password, challenge-response, and question, your file will no longer be password-secured.” In case you get to this point, you make the new password & choose and give the answer to the challenge question.”
- Then, Change QuickBooks password and open the window.
- Input a newly created password and choose the question of the new challenge.
- Next, hit the OK tab.
- Now, the file will be opened.
Additional Method for QuickBooks 2019 and Earlier Version
- When the screen displays ‘QuickBooks login window’ on a desktop, open QuickBooks and select the choice ‘I forgot my password.’ It prompts you to answer the security question.
- Then, give an answer to the security question and press the ‘OK’ key. If it is successful, you will receive a message like “your password has been erased”.
- Close the window by clicking or using the ‘Alt+F4 keys’, then input a ‘New password’ within the password box, after that, confirm it & answer the security question.
- Lastly, fill up the reset form of QBs Administrator Password and press the ‘OK’ button. QuickBooks will provide you with the access code, which you may input in the blank field of ‘Password Reset Code’. Your QBs password is erased, & you are invited to create a new security password & answer the security question.
In case the Reset Password Does not Work
In case the change QuickBooks password does not work, then you must follow the below-mentioned steps that will help you to make it work.
- First and foremost, you must double-verify the info you have put there.
- Thereafter, check and validate that the given information matches what is in CAMPS.
- If you encounter a problem while doing the steps or if you still want assistance in changing your password, then you can utilize the tool of QuickBooks’ automatic password reset.
We have covered all of the necessary details for how to change QuickBooks passwords in this article. If you run into any problems, you may connect with the relevant technical team for further assistance.