As cybercrime cases are rising and stealing the confidential data of your account or software is the primary motive of the hackers, it has become necessary to protect the data of your company’s employees. In such a case, you need to keep updating your QuickBooks password. To gain more insight on “how to change Quickbooks password” you need to go through the article till the end.
So let’s begin!
Before proceeding further, it is required to keep in mind a few pointers while changing the password.
How to change QuickBooks Password: Pointers to Remember
The below-mentioned pointers will assist you how to change the QuickBooks Desktop password:
- Ensure that the password should be a minimum of 7 characters
- While setting the password, ensure that the password contains at least one numeric character.
- Add one upper case character to your new password.
- Do not add space in the password
- It is necessary to create a complex password for your software
- Keep on changing the password at a timely interval
Know more about- Quickbooks Tool Hub
However, in case you have forgotten the QuickBooks password, then before changing it, you need to understand the importance of it.
- Keeps the software data safe and secure
- Also, it keeps your information up to date.
How to Change QuickBooks password: Effective Steps
When you first signed in to the QuickBooks accounting software, it will automatically create the Admin user, and you may need to use additional log-in references supplied by the Admin. Security updates and other unexpected assets may prompt you to change QuickBooks’s password.
- Go to the Company file, choose the company, and then Configure users and passwords.
- Then enter your existing password.
- Fill in your new password in the Confirm new password box and hit on OK.
- If you have forgotten or lost your password, you may reset it in QuickBooks by following the steps outlined below.
Reset the Admin Password or a User Password
If you need the QuickBooks password change for an admin, do the following:
- Do not enter a user name. All you have to do is input a password when you are signed in.
- Also, by default, your user name is “Admin” or another admin user name you made yourself.
If you need to know how to change your QuickBooks password and you are not an admin, then your Quickbooks admin can assist you in changing your QuickBooks password. Thus, you need to follow the steps mentioned below to reset the user password:
- At first, Sign in to the account as an admin user
- Then, locate the Company option and then select Set Up Users and Password
- Next, you need to select Set up users
- Now, enter the admin password again if asked.
- From the user list, you are required to choose the user who needs to update their password. Then click Edit User and type in a new password.
- Finally, click again and select the Finish option.
Resetting a Password Using a Challenge Question
The user can change password QuickBooks using a challenge question and by following the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, on the login page, choose “I forgot my password.”
- Then, respond to the security question and hit the OK tab.
- Next, when the following notice appears on your screen, click Close. “Once you remove the password, challenge-response, and question, your company file will no longer be password-protected.” When you get to this point, you create a new password and select and answer your challenge question.”
- Then, Change the QuickBooks password and open the window.
- Enter a new password and answer the new challenge question.
- Next, hit the OK tab.
- Now, your file will be opened.
Additional Method for QuickBooks 2019 and earlier Version
- When the screen displays ‘QuickBooks login window’ on a desktop, open QuickBooks and select the option ‘I forgot my password.’ It prompts you to answer your security question.
- Then, Enter the answer to your security question and press the ‘OK’ key. If it is successful, a notification will appear telling you that your password has been erased.
- Close the window by clicking or using the ‘Alt+F4 keys’, then input a ‘New password’ into a password box, confirm it, and answer a security question.
- Fill in the ‘Reset QuickBooks Administrator Password form and press the ‘OK’ button. QuickBooks will provide you with an access code, which you may enter in the ‘Password Reset Code’ blank field. Your password is removed, and you are invited to create a new password and answer a security question.
In case the password reset does not work, follow the below-mentioned steps
- First and foremost, you must double-check the information you have put there.
- After that, double-check and validate that the information matches what’s in CAMPS.
- If you encounter a problem while doing these steps or if you still want assistance in changing your password, you can utilize QuickBooks’ automatic password reset tool.
We feel we have covered all of the necessary details for how to change QuickBooks’ passwords in this article. In case you run into any problems, you may connect with the relevant technical team for further assistance.