Another difficulty that consumers see is Socket Error 10060 in QuickBooks. When completing a transaction with a credit or debit card, a connection failure issue occurs. When a user attempts to make a purchase using a credit or debit card, the data must be validated using a functional Internet connection.
It’s a type of ‘connection time out’ problem that typically occurs when customers pay with debit or credit cards. The mistake may irritate you because it is one of the most irritating. You may learn everything you need to know about how to fix it and what triggers such an issue by reading closely.
What is QuickBooks POS Socket Error 10060?
When utilizing the Quickbooks program to make a trade, the credit or debit cards must be active and operating. If you attempt to complete a transaction while the connection is idle, you will receive an error and your transaction will end up failing. When using the Quickbooks program to make a transaction, the credit or debit cards must be valid and operating.
It verifies the card’s and the cardholder’s information. However, the link must be active and suitable for this to happen. The user receives this error if the connection isn’t working properly. QuickBooks POS error 10061 and QuickBooks POS error 11001 are both the same. If you attempt to complete a transaction while the connection is idle, you will receive an error and your transaction will fail, giving you socket errors.
Signs and Symptoms of Socket Error 10060
We’ve listed some of the causes and consequences of connecting error 10060 below. Meanwhile, look at them before going to the causes.
- Internet Connection Problems/Bad Connectivity
- The socket connection is weak.
- The connection is being blocked by anti-virus or ransomware.
- Issues with the server (EFT)
If you’ve run across any of these problems, you may reach out to the Team of experts for assistance.
More About QuickBooks Point of Sale
QuickBooks POS is one of the most comprehensive programs and hardware alternatives on the business today. Nevertheless, to start, you will receive POS software that is designed to streamline the marketing strategy. You may start tallying up sales, generating bills and invoices, issuing purchase orders, analyzing data, and much more by just logging into the system.
You also have exposure to cutting-edge hardware in addition to user-friendly applications. A display, barcode scanner, QR code scanner, card swipe device, and other items are included in the QB POS hardware. There’s even a cash drawer.
Factors Behind QuickBooks POS Error 10060
There are a variety of factors that influence the efficiency of your point of sale. The three most important reasons for error 10060 are stated below:
- Security software is preventing you from connecting to the internet.
- A problem with the socket connection
- an issue with the EFT server
- Having trouble connecting to the internet
Troubleshooting POS Socket Error 10060 in QuickBooks
Here are some of the solutions that might assist you in resolving this QuickBooks problem, However, ensure you follow all of the instructions for the letter.
Solution 1: Interfering Security Software
- Disable any security software, along with the Windows firewall, on your machine.
- Re-process the transactions if necessary.
- If there isn’t an error, the problem must be fixed.
Solution 2: Enabling Socket Connection
- Let’s start with this one because it’s the most prevalent.
- Inquire with your ISP to see if your network is up and running.
- Also, mention that you’re using QuickBooks and that you’d like to grant access to all of the ports that QB requires.
- The second thing you should do is double-check that your socket is plugged in.
- If you have a broken socket or one that is not attached at all, follow the same steps.
- Check to see whether this has fixed your problem.
Solution 3: Network Connectivity Blocking Security Software
- Remove any security software that is installed on your computer.
- Repeat the procedure.
- If an error does not show, your problem has been fixed.
Solution 4: Using more than one Workstations
- Use the network where you used the payment card while numerous workstations are in use.
- Now, launch the QuickBooks and go to the Edit menu.
- Pick Company from the drop-down menu under Preferences.
- After that, select the Communication setup.
- Make sure the option to “use this computer for all credit card and debit transactions” is fixed. If this is not the case, select Change to This Device.
- Now is the time to save.
- Refresh the Point of Sale again after closing the current window.
- Select User Information from the Tools menu.
- Check to see if the WS-EFT server is installed on the workstation.
Solution 5: Make a New Data File
- Navigate to the File menu.
- Select New from the drop-down menu under Company Data.
- Fill in the blanks with Test, and thereafter give the new data file a unique name.
- Go to the Edit menu.
- Pick Preferences
- Choose the Company choice.
- After that, prefer Merchant Service and fill in the requested information.
- Save by clicking the Save button.
- Toggle to the Tools menu
- Choose your user information.
- Reopen the POS and process the card once more.
Solution 6: EFT Server Program Issues
The transaction is connected and authenticated using the EFT server application.
- Choose Tools from the top menu bar to launch QuickBooks POS.
- Select User Information.
- Since the WS-EFT server is unlikely to be listed, the transaction will not be authorized.
- Verify all of the options in the user information box.
- Specify the appropriate option for the server via which you’re attempting to authorize the transaction.
Retry the transaction once you’ve done this. Your problem should have been resolved by this point. Restart your computer and continue to use QB POS as usual.
|Point to be Noted: If the EFT is active, the problem is with the initial document. In this case, you should seek assistance from an IT specialist or an accountant.|
We believe that the procedures outlined above for resolving QuickBooks POS socket error 10060 were of great use to you. Ensure you follow all of the instructions thoroughly and that you do it in a professional manner. If you run into any problems while executing the tasks, get professional assistance. By now your query on how to fix socket error 10060 is solved.