When you don’t have enough access to specific folders, you’ll get QuickBooks Error 1926. QuickBooks protects your company’s data, However, all users do not have permission to change files. Admin rights are necessary to view some business files. Nevertheless, there are a variety of factors why such pauses occur.
In this article, we’ll show you how to view restricted files and folders in QB using diagnostic approaches. You’ll look at a few options for resolving QuickBooks errors and gaining entry to the directories with proper permissions. In addition, the following article covers the most common reasons to fix QuickBooks error 1926.
After getting the Error, a text will prompt on your screen:
Table of Contents
Possible Reasons for QuickBooks Error Code 1926
QuickBooks error 1926 fix might be forced by inadequate folder permissions. You may be unable to open the folders for a variety of reasons. Consider the following factors:
- It’s possible that issues will occur while the QB file is saved in a secure area, as the program files or core of C Drive on a Windows PC.
- It’s possible that the folder containing company file has been destroyed.
- You may be unable to access folders or files if the folder permissions are incorrect.
- The file is held in a password-protected area.
As a result of these limitations, you may be unable to access company files. To avoid such disruptions, QuickBooks recommended that you establish the appropriate folder permissions.
Troubleshooting Steps of Error 1926 QuickBooks| Effective Solutions
Inadequate permissions to view the file, for example, is not said to be a serious concern for QuickBooks users. You may get rid of this problem by running QuickBooks as an admin. All you have to do now is change the folder permissions. You may also try making the new folder and accessing the file or folder from there.
You can also try alternative approaches to resolve the issue, such as relocating the QuickBooks business files to their normal address. Ensure you also check the folder permissions. Count the correct choices if it isn’t configured properly. You can simply download the QB Tool Hub if necessary. To minimize any misunderstanding and to make the operation as simple as possible, we will describe each approach in detail.
Also Read : List of all QuickBooks Payroll Update Errors
Method 1: Create a New Folder for Company File
In this scenario, you will require to make an entirely new folder, set permissions to the folder, and then look for the corporate file through the folder. In case you store corporate data in a lost or damaged folder could cause fix QuickBooks error 1926. Check out these steps to solve QuickBooks Error Code 1926:
- Create a newly created folder, by hitting the display and choosing “New Folder.” Make sure it’s within the similar directory that the other folders are.
- You can use right-click in order to copy the company documents.
- Then, go into “New Folder” & choose “Paste” from the menu on the right.
- Once you’ve moved your company file into this new directory, be foolproof you’ve placed the correct permissions to the folder to permit sharing the files.
- Launch your “QuickBooks desktop” & select “File” from the menu.
- Choose “Open and restore an enterprise”.
- Select “Open an enterprise File” from the drop-down menu.
- Choose “Next”.
- In this case, you must create the folder in a new location and select the file for your company.
- After that, hit the “Open” key then press on it.
By using this method, you can solve any Error and at this point the chances of resolving the error are slight.
Method 2: Function on your QuickBooks as Admin
It is recommended that you run QuickBooks Desktop as an administrator. If you don’t have admin capabilities, you can’t execute certain tasks. For example, you don’t have enough viewing or editing rights to the company’s files. Let us demonstrate how to use QuickBooks with administrative privileges.
- If the QBs application is already open on your system, shut it.
- Then, on the “QuickBooks” software icon, press right.
- Right-click the item and choose “Properties” from the menu bar.
- From the “Compatibility” tab, choose “Run this software as an administrator.”
- To put the setting into effect, press the “Apply” icon once you’ve finished.
- To finish the procedure, hit the “OK” key.
As you function your QuickBooks as an Administrator, you should now smoothly follow the first method steps of accessing the folder. However, if still the issue persists look for more methods of resolving it down below.
Method 3: Make Use of the QuickBooks Tools Hub
You may repair QuickBooks problem 1926 by downloading this program. QBs Tools Hub is a collection of tools for fixing problems in business files. You must do the following actions on your system in order to download & launch QBs Tools Hub:
- Stop the “QuickBooks” software and install the “QBs Tools Hub” program on Windows machine.
- After that, save your file to your computer.
- Move to the folder of “Downloads” and double-click the “QuickBooksTooHub.exe” file twice.
- Follow the instructions on your computer display.
- Accept the terms & conditions of the software.
- Finally, open your computer and start the “QBs Tools Hub” software.
QB Tool Hub is an amazing software for tools that fixes almost all kinds of errors and disabilities in QB. From this tool, you can also rectify Error Code 1926. Function the QBs File Doctor or Quick Fix my Program to help you with the errors related to company file.
Method 4: Put Your Company File in your Default Location
QuickBooks error code 1926 occurs when you don’t have adequate authority to reach the business folder. This might happen if company file/folder is stored in a protected place. You may fix this problem by following the instructions below:
- First, check to make sure the “QuickBooks” program isn’t running on your computer.
- You may then go to the spot where you stored company file.
- Once you’ve discovered the company file, simply click on it. Assure the file has the “QBW” extension when you pick it.
- Using the right-click menu bar, select the “Copy” choice.
- You can then return to the default path. “C:/Users/Public/PublicDocuments/Intuit/QuickBooks/Company Files” should be the destination.
- Then, on the right side of the display, select the “Paste” button.
There can be an easy way to reach the company files, as you hover over the file to the new default location from its previous one. If the issue occurs follow the next solution.
Method 5: In your Folder Check Permissions
Microsoft Word is necessary to complete this procedure. If you’ve finished establishing the proper folder permissions but are still getting issues, you should always try testing them. Let us demonstrate how to use this technique.
- Start “Notepad” or “MS Word”.
- Next, in the field of text, you have to type “Test.”
- Then, you should save the document in the exact path where you already have your all the company’s file.
Users may be unable to access the folder; however,
- In case you can save your file in a way that isn’t encountering any errors, the folder permissions have been successfully established. In such circumstances, the right rights for sharing QB business files should be specified. You can do so by taking these guidelines:
- On a Windows computer, move towards “Start” menu.
- After that, look for the folder containing you all company file.
- Thereafter, select “Properties” from the drop-down menu.
- Choose “Sharing” from the drop-down menu and hit the icon of “Share Add”.
- Depending on the edition, select the appropriate user of QB data service.
- By pressing the “Full Control” option, you may set the authorization.
- When you’re finished, press the “Share” option.
After you finish this solution method, you can now reach the file. With that, you can easily now set permissions like folder permissions.
You may be unable to access the file due to a corrupted folder, storing the file in a fixed area, or other factors. If you get error 1926 QuickBooks, it’s because you don’t have enough folder permissions. We have suggested a variety of strategies to prevent all of these problems. You may quickly correct the problem and click open in QuickBooks using these ways. We hope you make good use of the information provided in the article and rectify your error troubles.