QuickBooks is reliable and efficient accounting software used by many small businesses. However, QuickBooks users may sometimes encounter errors, such as QuickBooks Error 15224. It occurs when QuickBooks is unable to access the company file. This error usually pops up when the QuickBooks software is not updated to the latest QuickBooks release. Although, This QuickBooks Error also occurs due to damaged or missing QuickBooks company file components, incorrect QuickBooks installation, damaged QuickBooks installation files, and many more.
Moreover, in this blog post, we will be discussing the possible methods that can be used to fix QuickBooks error 15224. Although, this particular error is often encountered by users when they are trying to access their company files. We will also provide a comprehensive guide on how to troubleshoot this issue. So, if you are experiencing this problem, make sure to read on!
What is QuickBooks Error 15224?
QuickBooks Error 15224 mainly occurs when users try to download or install the latest software update. This error code 15224 usually takes place because of the wrong internet explorer configuration.
However, It generally arises when the software tries to verify the digital signature of all the files downloaded by the program.
What are the Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 15224?
Before you get an error you will receive some warning and signs, that you can’t ignore. Let’s focus on some of the symptoms of the QuickBooks error 15224.
- Unable to update installs.
- Hidden taskbar.
- Unable to open QB.
- A frequent error display after installing the updates.
- Slow speed of the PC and applications.
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Error 15224?
In this section, we will talk about the various pointers that will lead to the QuickBooks error 15224. However, you just need to follow the instructions.
- Incorrect settings in Internet Explorer.
- Improper update installation due to poor internet service
- Another most important factor that triggers is an unverified digital signature certificate.
- Inconsistency of Windows Firewall or any third-party antivirus program.
- The corrupted or damaged file of QB.
Solutions to fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15224
There are various ways to troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error 15224 permanently, Therefore we have listed some most effective and reliable ways to solve the error. Moreover, follow the solutions carefully.
Solution 1: To Perform a Clean Installation
- First, you need to uninstall the QB and move to the Control Panel & then choose Program & Features.
- Search for QB & pick the Install option.
- Now rename the QBs Desktop installation folders.
- Move to the Windows Explorer File manager & check hidden files.
- In the list of Windows, rename each folder.
Solution 2: Digital Signature Certificate Installation
- Move to the C: Program FilesintuitQuickBooks.
- Right-click on the QBW32.exe > choose Properties.
- Hit on the Digital Signature section and ensure that Intuit is selected.
- Now Select Details > View Certificates > Install Certificates > Next > Finish.
- Restart your system & open QB.
- Re-download the Update.
Solution 3: Turn off the Firewall & Network Protection Temporary
This issue can also take place and the reason should be the firewall or some security software that is blocking the downloading process of the latest updates. Although, It’s better to turn it off for some time.
- Right-click on the Start & go to the Settings option.
- Hit on the Update & Security.
- On your Left Side, Select the Windows Security tab & click on the Open Window Security.
- Inside the Windows Security tab & hit Open Windows Security.
- Hit Domain, Private & Public Network & then turn off the MS Defender Firewall with all types.
Solution 4: Reinstall QuickBooks
Ensure that you reinstall the QB with the selective startup mode. It will make clear that no other application is interrupting the QB. Therefore, you must create a backup of your company file with the right license details and product.
- Hidden option of MS services.
- In the Configuration screen, you need to disable all the remaining services.
- Now click on the Selective Startup.
- Click on the Load System Service inside the General tab.
- Ensure the Windows Installer is opted for & select the Restart option.
- Follow the steps by using the QB desktop clean.
- Move to the System Configuration option & click on the Normal Startup & then click on the Restart.
Steps to Uninstall QuickBooks
If you are not aware of the process of uninstalling QB, Therefore, here are the steps to uninstall QB in just a few clicks.
- Press Window+R simultaneously & access the Run window.
- Enter appwiz.cpl & hit OK.
- Under the Programs & Feature section, Select QB & click on Uninstall.
- Hit on Yes.
- Click to Next & Select Remove.
- It will take some time to uninstall the QB from your system.
- Once the Wizard is successfully uninstalled & tap on Finish.
Also Read : How To Fix QuickBooks Error 6129?
However, we have explained all the possible methods to solve the Update error. These errors mainly take place when you try to download or install the latest software update. However, in case you still encounter the same issue, then you need to contact the team who will guide you to solve the error without wasting effort and time. However, they are 24*7 available to help to resolve any issue related to the software. Therefore, we hope all your queries related to the issue have been answered through this post.