Congratulations! You are tackling down all the hurdles and are pacing through new endeavors in your business. This is exactly why you would need to upgrade your Quickbooks application. By doing so you will be able to get more advanced features and processes that will, in turn, help you in growing your business more. Not only that, when you convert Quickbooks Enterprise to Pro the transaction-based data can be managed and processed more easily.
Anyway, with our help, you can do this within minutes. We will shed light on how to Convert Quickbooks Enterprise to Quickbooks Pro. So, without taking any more time of yours, let’s get straight into it.
What is the Difference between Quickbooks Enterprise and Pro?
Apart from the features, the major difference between Quickbooks enterprise and Pro is the price range. Quickbooks Pro and Premier are much much cheaper than the enterprise version of Quickbooks.
Other differences are that enterprise can have up to 40 users whereas Pro can only have 5 users. Clearly, the pro version focuses more on the privacy and security of data, this is why the number of users has been cut down. This will empower you more, giving more command and control to your data.
What is the benefit of Converting QuickBooks enterprise to pro or premier?
It is true that the enterprise version has more useful and advanced features but it lacks in terms of safety. The pro and premier version grant minimum access and authorization of the data saved. Your data will be saved more prominently and securely.
In simple terms, only a few elite people whom you grant permission to access the data will be able to make use of it. So, if you are a person who is highly concerned about privacy, then Quickbooks Pro or premier is the answer to that. It is also a cost-effective and time-efficient choice for you to possess.
Now, that we know the benefits, it is time for us to understand the actual process of doing it. So, let’s have a look at that.
Steps to Convert Quickbooks Enterprise to QuickBooks Pro
There are a number of steps that you have to follow to carry out the conversion process. Let’s have a look at them one by one.
First step: Importing the enterprise files to Quickbooks
- To do this, first of all, you have to log in to your Quickbooks application.
- Create a backup of the enterprise files and then save it on your local hard drive.
- Restore the backup and then make a copy. You can use the copy to perform your work.
- Now, on the home screen, you have to launch the enterprise version.
- Simultaneously press Ctrl+1 to open the product information window.
- Next, press the ctrl+b and ctrl+q keys.
- Hit Ok.
- On the very next screen, you will have to fill in your Quickbooks login information.
- Check the terms and services checkbox.
- Click on the submit button.
- Tally the list and follow the instructions that pop up on your screen.
Second step: Exporting the data from Quickbooks to Pro
- As soon as the file has been imported to Quickbooks, for further export you can use IE.
- You will have to follow the onscreen prompts to install the controls.
- To convert the entire file, you will have to choose the option named All Financial Data.
- Next, click on All Financial Data Without Transactions.
Third Step: Converting the File
- Firstly, you have to open QBDT on the screen.
- Choose the company file that you desire to convert.
- Hit the Convert button.
- Follow the on-screen prompts accordingly.
Fourth Step: Things to do after the conversion
- Now, you have to open the IE.
- Press the keys Alt+T.
- Click on the Tools menu.
- Navigate to Internet Options.
- Select the tab named security.
- Now, you have to select reset all zones to the default level.
- Click on Apply.
- Hit Ok.
- Close the IE window.
Also Find, Check out steps to convert Peachtree to Quickbooks
This is the safest and easiest way of converting QuickBooks enterprise to pro or premier. Hopefully, you have successfully finished this task of conversion using our steps. As these dynamic articles helped you out, other articles on our website are of the same nature. You can make full use of these to tackle down the obstacles standing between you and success.